top of page

Useful Information & FAQ

The UK visa application process is not necessarily straightforward. It involves two parties: the sponsor (a UK resident with a room or several available to house an individual or more) and the sponsee (a Ukraine resident seeking refuge in the UK). A number of us at have gone through the visa application process on behalf of sponsors or sponsees and we've documented some useful information. The diagram below summarises the process but do scroll below for access to useful documents and links. 

Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 19.48.49.png

Useful links pre-application

All accommodation will be different and while there is no set expectation, your accommodation needs to be free from serious health and safety hazards. You should make sure your home is safe for your guests and that it is in a suitable condition.

You should also consider how many people you can accommodate so they have sufficient space. Two people should not be in one room unless they are: adult cohabiting partners; a parent and child; two siblings of the same gender if aged over 10; two siblings regardless of gender if aged under 10. Individuals who didn’t previously know each other should not be given the same room.

Useful documents when applying for the visa:

  • Ukraine Sponsorship Visa Application Walkthrough

  • Sponsor checklist: ​

    • Personal information: Identity details of the sponsor: Full name, previous names (eg. maiden name), DOB, passport details

    • Contact details: Email, phone number

    • Family: Details of other 18+ year olds living in the house where the sponsee will live

  • Sponsee (refugee) checklist:

    • Identity details for each sponsee: Full name, DOB, passport details

    • Previous name if any available (eg. maiden name)

    • Details of other nationality if available, with passport details

    • An email that will receive the letter confirming successful visa and a phone number in case they need to get in touch

    • IF both legal guardians aren't travelling with the sponsee (eg. father stays in Ukraine), kids will need a consent letter signed by both parents\

    • A series of questions about previous work experience, criminal background, previous visa applications etc.

bottom of page